Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 2: Friday August 29th



Chris dropped Ezra off around 8:40am. I did a few exercises while Alyssa and Ezra played at my feet. I started calling him, "Ezra-bo-Bezra" and didn't realize until later that Alyssa picked up on that and repeated a jumbled version of that, "bezezra" or something. It was funny. He finished his morning milk, and at 9:30 went to lay him down. We read books, sang, and he went in the crib with his blanky/toy. This was the one time he as a bit fussy, but I closed the door about about 3 minutes later, he was settled. He slept until almost 11am. Alyssa wanted to "check if Ezra is awake" every 5 minutes that whole time:)







When he woke up, I had already packed things in the bag to go. I strapped Ezra and Alyssa into my double jogger and walked up the street to the Cat Hollow Park for our ward play group (hat and everything). When we got there, I busted out the yogurt and he ate the whole thing. He also drank a bunch of milk and juice. He sat in the stroller for a while, then wanted to get out. He crawled on the sidewalk near my feet, and in the shade the whole time. We stayed a little over an hour and then walked home.



By 1pm he seemed tired enough, so I laid him down. I wanted him to sleep enough before I got the boys at 2:30 and since it had been 2 hours since his last nap, I did it. He WAS tired and slept for 2 hours. I forgot, Michael was home early at 2:30 so he stayed home while Ezra slept and got him with Alyssa while I was gone.

I came home to the 3 of them playing the piano. He was happy playing, but when he saw me, he reached for me (which I loved:) so I grabbed him from Michael's lap at the piano. I put him down and he was a bit clingy, so I held him a bit longer.
Eventually he got down and played with the kids and crawled happily. I gave him some applesauce since he didn't have fruit at lunchtime and he ate it all. We went in our front yard to play (michael taught matthew to ride his bike) and we stayed in the shade with the hat on. I had previously decided to take some fun pictures of him, so he sat happily in the grass and Tyler helped me get him to smile, I was happy with the cute faces we captured:) He loved watching the boys ride by on their bikes and was mesmorized at them so much that when I'd call his name, it wouldn't even register, he was so intent on watching them ride. It was cute.

We went inside around 4:40pm and that's when Chris called and said he'd be there around 5:30 and asked me to give him dinner. So we all cooled off inside, Ezra ate the entire jar of the beef orange baby food stuff while Michael played cards with the kids near him. He sat there for quite a while and I made another milk for him and he also had cheerios and some juice. He seemed pretty tired (earlier naps).

When Chris showed up at the door, Ezra was very excited to see him. But not so happy to go into the "torture chamber" as Chris called it. We couldn't find a sippy lid at the time and we found a book left behind, so we need to get those to you.

We had such a fun time, and Ezra was very happy and content, and like a said, delightful to have around. He was an angel. Thanks for letting us play with him!



4 comments:

Jessica said...

So many great pictures I can't even pick favorites. But, I am so incredibly blessed to have you as a friend! To see him in your home with your family is very comforting. Reading this day's blog reminds me that I shouldn't pick a time, but I need to base his nap times off how long he's been up. You did perfectly timing his naps! And look at you, preparing ahead and taking him to the play group. Thanks for putting the hat on him. :) I didn't think to pack sunscreen, but a little sun is good. It was probably funny that that was his first time to the ward play group but that you took him! Lol. I need to learn from you, put him down earlier, plan ahead and be all ready to go and just take him. I guess I don't ever think people stay that late at the park.

Jessica said...

How lucky are you (I know it's not all luck, your husband worked hard to get where he is) to have a husband that can come home that early every now and then! I'm glad it worked out that you had people to be there while he continued his naps and so you could go be a good mamma to your boys and pick them up from school!!

The pictures with the piano are super cute too! I think Ezra likes music, but I'm sure all babies do. How sweet that he was reaching and clingy for you! Awe. I love when I get those reaches and clings. I need more of them!! I finally got reconnected with him when I was giving him his bath and putting him to bed. We had our giggles and snuggles.

Jessica said...

It is fun to read about the Ezra bo Bezra, and Alyssa picking up on it. I'm glad she liked him enough to be so eager to check on him. I worried he would bug her by wanting to get in all her toys or games, but you weren't kidding, your kids really do love babies!

Sorry he was a little fussy for his first nap, but glad he stopped within just a few minutes.

Jessica said...

Really, so many pictures I love, thank you. And I can totally picture Ezra being mesmorized by the boys riding their bikes. Thank you for the very cute pictures of him, you are too good to us!

I am so happy to hear he was a delight and an angel. A mother couldn't hope for more than to hear he was an enjoyable baby and that everyone was happy and well. I really do think he is a good, happy, and fun baby, which is why I do worry so much whenever he isn't himself. Thank you soooooooooo much!!! You are awesome!